KAWR is doing its best in creating the much needed recycling awareness among the public in order to help drive the recycling agenda as well as ensure its members do not have to continuously incur losses due to low value of materials they receive from pickers.
We also collaborating with like-minded stakeholders such as PETCo in helping the country achieve the much desired recycling rate of 35% from the current 10% as a country.
Our mission is to create a circular economy and sustainable environment through recycling.
- Better linkage: KAWR is the first stop for the government and other stakeholders when they want to engage with recyclers. In future, members may be the first to get consideration in case of selective recycling opportunities from local and national goverments.
- Building network: A member is able to link up and share ideas with with over 400 other recyclers hence easier access to raw materials and market for materials collected.
- Advocacy: KAWR is the leading voice on behalf of recyclers at the national and local levels on legislative and regulatory issues with an aim of improving business climate for recyclers. This gives a member a better representation and sense of belonging.
- Access to information: membership organizations are a source of latest news on rec樂威壯
ycling trends, market changes hence be able to make informed decisions in time.
- Getting discounts and support: KAWR members enjoys discounted rates from appointed bodies in areas such as EIA and Audit as a step towards regulatory compliance.
- Training and recycling advice: members are able to get frequent training on what can be recycled, how to process the material and where the market exists for different materials in an ever-changing recycling environment